Warranty & Indemnity Insurance
Aon M&A Solutions advises on and structures bespoke Warranty & Indemnity insurance solutions (otherwise known as Representations and Warranties Insurance or Warranty Insurance). W&I Insurance facilitates the successful completion of transactions by effectively removing from the negotiating table the contentious issue of allocation of risk for post-completion warranty and indemnity claims.
Benefits of Warranty & Indemnity Insurance
- De-risks transactions by transferring deal risk to the insurance markets.
- Enables a clean exit and expedited returns to investors.
- Allows distressed or dissolving sellers to sell a business.
- Enables a bidder to distinguish its bid in a competitive auction scenario.
- Protects passive sellers exiting from an investment.
W&I Insurance Services
Aon's specialist M&A insurance advisers:
- Structure bespoke transaction liability insurance solutions to capture the benefits detailed above.
- Evaluate liabilities, indemnification obligations and other issues associated with acquisitions and divestitures to address potential liabilities.
- Access the global insurance markets to ensure the most competitive pricing and terms.
- Negotiate bespoke policy wording uniquely tailored to your transaction and coverage needs.
- Provide post completion claims support.
- Review sale and purchase, along with other contractual agreements and advise on related insurance and liability issues and associated indemnification provisions.