Environmental Services Group
All organisations are subject to the costs and liabilities of environmental exposures, even those that are not directly involved with hazardous materials. Risk managers in virtually every industry must proactively analyse environmental risk issues to determine vulnerabilities.
The Environmental Services Group at Aon is completely focussed on providing advice around environmental exposures and the placement of insurance in relation to pollution and contamination risks.
What are environmental risks / exposures?
- Storage, use and handling of hazardous substances or waste materials
- Leaking of existing or unknown underground storage tanks
- Historical contamination (a site could be impacted by unknown pollution conditions from prior use)
- Asbestos and lead paint in buildings
- Contamination migrating from a neighbouring operation
- Pollution arising from tenants activities.
Customised Environmental Risk Analysis
Aon’s Environmental Services Group can analyse, quantify, mitigate and transfer your company’s risks to deliver coverage tailored to your business. Comprehensive risk analysis of your potential environmental exposures can identify at-risk operations, liabilities assumed or discharged at purchase or sale, regulatory compliance and potential remediation.
Environmental liability transfer solutions
Environmental insurance policies have been designed to address the various financial losses that can occur from a pollution or contamination incident. These losses include:
• Compensation to 3rd parties for injury and property damage
• Clean-up costs including 3rd party claims and statutory clean-up notices
• Legal defense costs
• Natural resource damages
• Emergency response costs