HIA Insurance Services (HIAIS) was formed in 1984 as a joint venture between the Housing Industry Association (HIA), the largest national industry association representing the residential construction industry in Australia and Aon, a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions.
This joint venture provides HIAIS with the unique opportunity to leverage the buying power, insurance, governance and risk capability of Aon as well as accessing the HIA and utilising their deep knowledge of the housing industry.
The unique strength of this partnership enables HIAIS to deliver unparalleled knowledge and expertise to advise on risk requirements for the construction industry and to design products to best cover the specific needs of their clients’ businesses.
Construction Works, Public & Product Liability Insurance
Construction Works, Public & Product Liability Insurance (also known as Contract Works) covers licensed builders’, tradies’ or subcontractors’ responsibilities to insure against loss or damage to the build project, along with legal and contractual obligations in relation to the construction. By choosing our Platinum Construction Works, Public & Product Liability Cover, you help minimise the risk of being out of pocket if a covered event occurs, so don’t step on-site without it.
Platinum Construction Works is available for both residential and commercial builders and are available as either a Single Project Policy or Annual Turnover Policy.
Top Cover Benefits*
Along with broad protection for the insured works, and cover for your legal liabilities in relation to the job both during and after its completion, the following are new to Platinum cover:
- Display Homes Cover: Showcase your work and secure your next project with the peace of mind you need knowing your assets and investment is covered whilst you’re on-site working on your current build.
- Cover for Existing Structures: No need for further cover extensions to protect property on top of what’s insured in the contracted works.
- Search & Locate Cause of Damage/Defects: Prevents you from having to entirely pay for discovering what’s causing something to not work properly.
- Access to Remove & Restore Cover: Saves you from having to foot the entire bill for the removal of part of the works to repair and continue with the build.
Home Warranty Insurance
HIAIS have the largest and highly experienced Warranty insurance team in Australia and has over the long term demonstrated a deep competence in delivering high quality warranty services and effectively managing our client’s business requirements through changing legislative environments.
Our expert brokers manage the complex paperwork and insurance services on your behalf. We work with your business to deliver:
- Efficient 24 - 48-hour delivery of certificates.^
- Best business case for desired increase in profile limits for existing builders.
- Advocacy - we work for you in providing advice and we attend to appeals of the respective Underwriting Committees.
- Eligibility submissions for new builders - we manage your Home Warranty submission application on your behalf to best achieve a speedy approval.
Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance
We offer several different policies to cover your commercial motor vehicle needs. These include:
- Full comprehensive insurance - insures you against loss of or damage to your vehicles due to a collision or other accidental damage, theft, and fire. This also includes cover for any legal liability for third party property damage.
- Third party property damage cover - only provides protection for any damage to third party vehicles or other property for which you are held responsible.
- Third party property damage, fire & theft - provides third party liability cover and protection for your vehicle in the event it is stolen or damaged by fire.
Management Liability Cover
Management Liability insurance is suitable for residential and commercial builders, and trades businesses, and covers the many risks and exposures that come with managing a business.
The cover has been specifically designed to meet the increasing insurance needs of small to medium businesses seeking to guard against the potential threat of legal action in their operations, including the following risks:
- Employees: unfair dismissal, bullying and harassment, theft by employees,
- Government & regulators: occupational health & safety breaches,
- Crime: direct financial loss caused by employee or third-party theft.
Management Liability Insurance can protect the business/policy holder and business holdings, as well as key decision makers including:
- Directors, officers and committee members
- Employees (including part-time and temporary employees, and contractors who are under the direction of the company).
View our full suite of insurance products to help protect the items you value most now.
* Please note all benefits referenced above are subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy.
^ Provided you have an approved profile with the insurer, and subject to peak periods.