Aon proud sponsor of new Diversity Award
A prestigious new Diversity Award has been launched today to recognise the impact of Australian organisations and individuals in empowering marginalised women.
At a time where workplace inequality, family violence and respectful relationships continue to be a touchstone for controversy, it is important to celebrate outstanding initiatives that help women fulfil their true potential, the Director of the Australian Centre for Leadership of Women (ACLW), Dr Diann Rodgers-Healey said.
“There is an urgent need to uphold the best ideas and programs that empower women from marginalised groups to succeed,” Dr Rodgers-Healey said.
“Women are frequently the unsung heroes of marginalised communities across Australia. Recognising and enabling them to realise their ambitions is in the interest of every Australian.
“This award will recognise the importance of initiatives that provide women with skills, opportunities and/or support to overcome challenges and lead.
“The award is unique in that it will recognise the champion responsible for developing the initiative, as well as a woman who has benefitted, delivering change in their community and/or workplace.”
The ALCW awards program began in 2006, culminating in three national awards for women’s advancement. The Diversity Award represents ACLW’s effort to address a gap in the assistance and recognition of particularly marginalised women in Australia through a mainstream award.
Federal Minister for Women Senator Michaelia Cash is an Ambassador of the ACLW Diversity Award and is supported by a host of other Ambassadors, including NSW Premier Mike Baird, NSW Minister for Women Pru Goward, City of Sydney Councillor Christine Forster, St Vincent de Paul Society CEO Dr John Falzon and many other leading Australians.
“Many leading Australian women, men and organisations have signed on to support the ACLW Diversity Award because they concur with its vision to empower women, particularly women from marginalised groups,” Dr Rodgers-Healey said.
The 2016 Diversity Award will recognise and financially reward a woman who benefits from an initiative and the individual or organisation responsible for that initiative. Awards will be presented for initiatives which:
- Empowers women in a community or organisation in Australia
- Empowers Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women in a community or organisation in Australia
- Empowers women with a Disability in a community or organisation in Australia
- Empowers Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) women in a community or organisation in Australia
- Empowers Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, Transgender Intersex, Queer (LBGTIQ) women in a community or organisation in Australia
- Empowers women experiencing disadvantage in a community or organisation in Australia
- Empowers older women in a community or organisation in Australia
- Empowers rural, remote and regional women in a community or organisation in Australia.
For the full list of the 2016 Diversity Award Ambassadors, profiles of our stellar judging panel, proud sponsors and information on how to enter, please visit: http://www.leadershipforwomen.com.au/recognition/aclw-s-new-diversity-award