Aon's Online Terms and Conditions
About this website
About buying insurance online
WHO CAN BUY INSURANCE ONLINE?
Only Australian residents are able to buy insurance online through us.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
You can apply for an online quote by completing and submitting the information requested on our quote pages (Quote Application). Provided that you satisfy the requirements contained in the relevant underwriting guidelines, we will then give you a quote (Quote).
If you decide you want to purchase an insurance policy online based on that Quote, and we offer you that option, you should provide us with the information requested and submit a request to purchase (Insurance Application). Your Insurance Application is complete when both of the following conditions are satisfied:
- our server has received the electronic instruction offering to purchase insurance from us, and
- your Insurance Application is recorded within our database and is accepted by the Insurer.
We will let you know when your Insurance Application has been accepted by providing you with a confirmation email containing a transaction reference number. If you don’t receive a confirmation email from us then your Insurance Application has not been accepted.
Please note that we will assume that an electronic instruction is authentic. We have no obligation to authenticate the person issuing or transmitting the electronic instructions or to verify the accuracy or completeness of the electronic instructions. We may act on the electronic instructions sent or received through our website without any reference to you.
Any application for insurance made using this site is subject to disclosure obligations, an approval process and relevant policy terms and conditions.
HOW CAN I PAY?
Any insurance policy purchased via this website must be paid for by one of the credit cards we accept. You will need to provide us with the following details:
- Type of credit card
- Card number
- Name of credit card holder
- Expiry date
For your protection, your confidential credit information is encrypted using a secure server. The amount or amounts due must be paid in full by clear funds by the due date. Details of your payment plan will be provided with your policy documents.
About using this website
You agree that when using the website, you will not:
- do anything which will or might damage, disrupt access to, or interfere with the proper operation of this website, or any transaction being conducted on it;
- do anything which will or might place an unreasonable load on the website infrastructure;
- post, distribute or send any 'spamming material' or any other form of bulk communication;
- impersonate any person or entity
- publish, or disseminate any material which is unlawful, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate
- transmit any material which contains viruses, or other computer codes designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the efficient operation of the website, or its software or hardware; and
- do anything which breaches or infringes our property rights in any way, including copyright.
3. Intellectual Property:
Accuracy: Whilst we will use our best endeavours to ensure that the information on the website is up-to-date, we don't warrant the accuracy, adequacy of, or completeness of, any information contained on this website. Please feel free to write to us at the address below if you spot an error.
Availability and access: We will take reasonable steps to provide a safe and reliable service but there are some risks with using the internet. We do not guarantee that the website will be free from viruses and accept no responsibility for any harmful computer code that might be introduced to your system by using this website. We do not guarantee that access to this website will be uninterrupted and accept no responsibility for any interruption. Your access to this website or any product may be terminated at any time, without notice. You may not be authorised to access the website after termination but the limitation of liability and indemnity provisions in these terms will survive the termination. Any licenses or other rights you granted to us will also survive termination
Website Links: Our website may be linked to other websites. They are provided for your convenience only. Links to an external site should not be construed as an endorsement. We make no representation about the accuracy of any information contained on any other websites. We are not responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense you incur in accessing or attempting to access such a site. You must obtain our prior written permission to link to this website.
We own certain registered trademarks which may appear on this website. Unauthorised use is prohibited. We also own the copyright in the information and material on this website or we have the right to use it under a license or agreement. You may print out or download a copy for your personal, non-commercial use. Except as provided by the Copyright Act 1968 or any other applicable law, all other use, copying or reproduction of all or part of this website is prohibited.
4. Liability & Indemnity:
Except for obligations implied by law that cannot be excluded, you agree that neither we, nor our directors, employees, agents, contractors and related entities will be liable for any loss arising out of or referable to material on this website, or use of or access to this website. To the extent permitted by law, this includes any loss arising as a result of any unauthorised access or breach of security to this site, for whatever reason; arising as a result of any delay in effecting any transaction attempted to be processed through this site, for whatever reason; arising as a result of any failure to effect any transaction attempted to be processed through this site, for whatever reason; arising as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in relation to this site or arising from the transmission of any computer virus. You agree that in no circumstances will we or our directors, employees, agents, contractors and related entities, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss, damage, liabilities, claims and expenses (including legal costs and defences and settlement costs). You agree to indemnify us, our directors, employees, agents, contractors and related entities for any loss suffered, or any costs that may be incurred arising from your breach of these terms or any other legal obligation, or your access to this website.
5. NSW Stamp Duty Exemption:
You may be asked to provide a declaration about your eligibility to claim the NSW Stamp Duty Exemption. The NSW Government amended the Duties Act 1997 (NSW) (the NSW Duties Act) to provide a stamp duty exemption for eligible small businesses on certain insurance products taken out on or after 1 January 2018.
If you are considered a small business, you will not be required to be stamp duty on:
- Commercial vehicle insurance – for a motor vehicle used primarily for business purposes;
- Commercial aviation insurance – for an aircraft that is used primarily for business purposes;
- Occupational indemnity insurance – insurance covering liability arising out of the provision by a person of professional services or other services (other than medical indemnity cover within the meaning of the Medical Indemnity Act 2002 (Cth)); and
- Product and public liability insurance – insurance covering liability for personal injury or property damage occurring in connection with a business or arising out of the products or services of a business.
The above list may be modified from time to time, you should check Revenue NSW’s website for an updated list of eligible insurance products.
To obtain the benefit of the exemption you must be an eligible small business. In summary, you are a small business if you are an individual, partnership, company or trust that:
- is carrying on a business, and
- the business has an aggregated turnover* of less than $2 million. * Aggregated turnover is your annual turnover plus the annual turnovers of any business entities that are your affiliates or are connected with you.
If you are unsure whether the definition of small business applies to you for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the stamp duty exemption or to view the most up to date listing of insurance products that are eligible for the tax relief, visit Revenue NSW’s website for more information or obtain qualified tax advice.
Aon is not able to provide tax advice, such as whether you are eligible for the stamp duty exemption.
If you believe you are eligible, you must provide an acceptable form of small business declaration to your insurer or your broker on behalf of the insurer by following the instructions provided to you from time to time.
It is your responsibility as the insured to determine your eligibility for the exemption.
Your insurer will rely on this declaration in applying the stamp duty exemption for small businesses on relevant insurance products in NSW. If you claim the small business exemption and are not entitled to it, you may be required by the insurer to pay an amount equal to the duty, together with any interest or penalty tax payable.
The insurer may recover this amount as a debt if the amount is not paid. You may also be liable to penalties under relevant laws. Neither Aon nor your insurer is responsible or liable for incorrect or dishonest declarations.
A new declaration is required at each renewal period to satisfy legislative requirements.
7. Contact Us:
If you have any technical issues when using this website or any suggestions on how we can improve our service to you, please contact the Web Administrator at email@example.com
8. System Requirements:
- To get the best from this website we recommend using Internet Explorer 7 or 8. Download Internet Explorer.