Professional Indemnity Insurance Market Insight
Your source of professional indemnity (PI) insurance market trends and analysis.
Insurers are no longer prepared to drive PI pricing down. The hardening Directors & Officers insurance market is having a two pronged impact on the PI insurance market. PI insurers are demonstrating caution and taking the opportunity to review their books alongside D&O. Also, other D&O insurers who have not traditionally written a significant amount of PI are looking to diversify into PI.
- The first half of 2017 saw insurers start to push PI premiums where rates were deemed too low
- No longer are existing insurers prepared to continue to drive pricing down
- Accounts with paid claims or open notifications experienced the greatest impact
- Insurers are reviewing accounts carefully focusing heavily on risk/contracts management, regulatory environment and oversight of regional offices
- Growth in fees, new disciplines or acquisitions is triggering increased PI premiums
Download the update to learn more.