At Aon we recognise that the mining sector faces particular challenges on how it retains and transfers risk and the options that are available in dealing with these risks in a cost-effective manner.
To address the needs of Australian mining clients, Aon has established a National Mining Practice Group to provide tailored and innovative solutions to the Australian mining sector.
Mining Risk Management
We recognise that any mining organisation needs to understand and quantify its underlying risk exposures and risk tolerance before any type of risk transfer arrangement can be effectively designed. As a result we use a service methodology that ensures that an organisation's insurance program matches its underlying risk profile but is also aligned with its ability to retain insurable risk.
Major Areas of Expertise
Aon’s major areas of expertise in the mining sector include:
- Insurance program design and placement
- Enterprise-wide or insurable risk profiling
- Quantitative risk retention modelling and loss analysis
- Business interruption pre- and post-loss analysis
- Workers' compensation consulting and solutions
- Development of alternative risk transfer solutions
- Claims management
- Risk financing feasibility studies
- Captive management
- Environmental risk evaluation
- Asset valuation services
Risk Financing Strategies
With our extensive knowledge of the mining sector we have the ability to manage the risk financing strategies for all aspects of mining including:
- Feasibility studies and project financing
- Operational and production activities
- Care and maintenance
- Mine closure and remediation
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions