Directors & Officers (D&O) Insurance Market Insight – Q2 2018
Your source of Directors & Officers (D&O) insurance market trends and analysis.
The D&O insurance marketplace has become increasing cautious in the provision of coverage to public company insureds. Insurer’s aggressive pricing strategies over a number of years, coupled with a significant increase in securities class action claims activity, has placed the Australian D&O premium pool under enormous pressure. Insurers are now actively seeking to re-align pricing for sustainability and margin. Below is an overview of what to expect in this update.
- The D&O insurance market continues to harden for listed companies; however, it remains stable, with modest premium increases, for non-listed organisations.
- The securities class action environment remains active and, as a result, we may see an increase in the average settlements.
- Unless substantial premium re-alignment can be secured, local insurers appetite for mid-large listed companies purchasing Side C cover remains limited; this is where the London market is playing a stronger role.
- Some insureds are exploring the economics of bearing increased retention of securities class actions risks in an attempt to mitigate premium increases.
- There is ongoing volatility ahead for listed companies; and non-listed companies should expect a stable market with modest increases in the short-medium term.
Download the update to learn more.